Mar 31, 2016, 12:00 AM
San Francisco and Marin high school students. We seek applicants who are open to new experiences, want to be part of a diverse learning community and want to learn more about their environment and how they can make a difference. Interns are responsible and motivated young adults who enjoy being outdoors and enjoy working with elementary and middle school aged children. Candidates should be excited about one or more of the following: education, environment, science, community stewardship, and leadership. TEEM is a paid internship.
Must be high school student in San Francisco or Marin
* Currently enrolled in high school.
* Able to attend TEEM summer training August 9-13, 2016 and midyear retreat January 21-22, 2017
* Able to work 430-7:30pm once a week (Tuesday or Thursday) and attend one TEEM Saturday event per month, September 2016-May 2017.
* Able to miss one full school day during the fall, and one half day in the spring to do a field observation and classroom lesson.
* Please note, no prior experience in environmental education or leadership is required.
# of Recommendations:
Applications are available at www.naturebridge.org/teem
The application requires a letter signed by your parent or guardian, essay questions, and a letter of recommendation from a teacher, mentor, employer or other adult. The letter may be sent separately.